Our mission is “empowering people and organizations to promote positive change in themselves and the world“. This can be broken down as follows:
- To provide the individual with information, tools, and communities that will catalyze positive growth and development: personally, professionally, and socially.
- To direct the use of emerging technologies towards prosocial ends, actualizing their potential to transform the human condition for the better.
- To mitigate harm or potential harm caused by poor design/implementation of technology, or by malicious misuse of technology.
- To promote the broadest distribution of benefits to the greatest number of people, using technology to deconstruct, rather than reinforce, systems of social inequality.
- To foster models of business, government, and economy that result in the broadest distribution of benefits. Towards that end, we promote decentralization, collaboration, open source, resource-based economies, automation, and nonhierarchical organizational structures.
- To negotiate reconciliation or mutual understanding between demographic groups with differing “ascribed” or “achieved” social statuses, or at different points along ideological spectrums; to mitigate the harms of extreme values and/or beliefs; to promote conciliatory moderate positions in diverse areas of social life.
- To cultivate holistic worldviews, integral thinking, and transpersonal consciousness.
Learn about our strategy, still in early development, by clicking here