Our guiding values are openness (open innovation, open source, open data, open access, open government, open science, openness to experience), decentralization (non-hierarchical organizations, distributed computing, p2p, community mesh networks, distributed business ownership, distributed governance, democracy), technology for the common good, taking care of the planet, finding “middle paths” in all domains of life, freedom, progress, truth, compassion towards all nonhuman and human beings (including those who lack compassion themselves), social justice and human rights, global consciousness, studying deeply into all sides of every controversy we feel compelled to discuss, optimism tempered by reason, and the total transformation of the human condition.
Our mission is “empowering people and organizations to make positive changes in themselves and the world“. This can be broken down as follows:
1. To provide the individual with information, tools, and communities that will catalyze positive growth and development: personally, professionally, and socially.
2. To direct the use of emerging technologies towards prosocial ends, actualizing their potential to transform the human condition for the better.
3. To utilize emerging technologies to deconstruct, rather than reinforce, systems of social and economic inequality.
4. To mitigate harm caused by poor design/implementation of technology, or by the malicious, greedy, myopic, or misguided use of technology.
5. To foster models of business, government, and economy that result in the broadest distribution of benefits. Towards that end, the WeFuture.Us Association promotes full decentralization, collaboration/co-creation, open source, open innovation, open data, open access, open government, automation, universal basic income, and nonhierarchical organizational structures.
6. To negotiate reconciliation or mutual understanding between demographic groups with differing “ascribed” or “achieved” social statuses, or at different points along ideological spectrums; to mitigate the harms of extreme values and/or beliefs; to promote conciliatory moderate positions in diverse areas of social life.
7. To cultivate holistic worldviews, integral thinking, spirituality, and transpersonal consciousness.
Learn about our strategy, still in early development, by clicking here